You know how much fun it is to put on a Superman cape or pirate costume or put on some high heels and fancy jewels, right? Well, sometimes grown-ups like to dress up their furniture.
Your Aunt Missy is really a good seamstress, which means she is very good at sewing. Ever since we have known her she has been making beautiful things. One time she made this beautiful baby quilt for me so I could dress up our crib when you kids were little. I love this quilt and keep it on display in our home. I keep it out and always handy because some of you are still babies and I am always hopeful you will be able to come and visit.
This quilt is so special to us because Aunt Missy took a lot of time and put a lot of love and effort into making it for us! Isn't it so beautiful? She sewed together every one of those little pieces she cut out to make this pretty pattern.
Not long ago she made something to dress up an old chair that belonged to her grandparents. She had never made a slip cover for a chair before, but she was not afraid to try something new. She did not have a pattern she just cut out the fabric and went to work. Here is what her first attempt to dress up her chair looks like.
I hope all of you will learn this lesson from your Aunt Missy. Don't be afraid to try things you have never done before and know that the more you do it the better you will get at it. No matter what your project is, it may not be perfect the first time. Keep trying! Never just give up! This is the way we learn and develop our talents.
No comments:
Post a Comment