Friday, September 25, 2009

He SHOULD be Praying!

Grampa and Alex are making a big mess outside today. Well, it is not really a big mess he is just moving a lot of stuff around. We are getting ready to get our house painted next weekend and so he has a lot of stuff to organize out there. The whole deck and a big part of the driveway is just full of "Grampa Stuff!" I just keep telling myself it has to get like this before it can get all fancy again! I hope you all grow up to be good hard workers like your Grampa!!

Anyway, I was out there by our flag and Grampa has a big miter saw sitting out there today. Then I saw this sitting right on the saw table. Ick!


So I looked up the Praying Manits and I read this...

"Camouflage is very important for the praying mantis' survival. Because they have so many enemies such as birds, they must blend in with their habitat to avoid being eaten. They have a triangular-shaped head with a large compound eye on each side. Praying mantids are the only insect that turn from side to side in a full 180-degree angle. Their eyes are sensitive to the slightest movement up to 60 feet away.

Well that is impressive but, I guess they don't look up! And they should and this one really needs to be praying with that saw blade right over his triangular head!


I love that Grampa and Alex are working hard to make out home better but I don't like it when they stir up the critters and insects! I am such a girly girl! Sorry, I just cannot help it!

No comments: