Monday, October 5, 2009

Julia's Halloween Poem

From Aunt Jen's Blog...

The Halloween Poem

Little kids looking for ghosts.
Witches flying over posts.
There is a skeleton walking
while other kids are screaming and talking.
There is a jack-o-lanter floating
while detectives and thinking and noting.

Seriously, how do our children turn out so much more brilliant than we were at their age? She wrote this on her own, this morning, just for fun--not at school or with any prompting. I've never written a spontaneous poem in my life! She is 9.

1 comment:

LA Adams said...

This is marvelous!! Good job! Rachel sometimes comes up with great poems too.
I got side-tracked onto another camp idea from a relative of yours and I'll probably never find that particular entry again, but it sure has given me some really great ideas to implement for our cousins and getting the family to know each other better.
Sometimes we feel very alone out in California so it'll be good to go out for a 'cousin's camp'. I really will have to have a "spaghetti dinner" like hers!